Happy Soggy Spring!
I wanted to update you on our customer survey results. First, thank you for your overwhelming response. Your input gave us truly helpful information. We learned among other things:
* 33% of you have been loyal customers for 6 – 10 years
* 98% of you find our staff knowledgeable and helpful
* 55% of you think it is ‘extremely important’ to shop at locally owned, independent businesses while 39% of you think it is ‘very important’
* 59% of you have chosen to shop at Nomads over an online retailer in the last 6 months
* 46% of you would be interested in receiving a store discount for taking the bus or riding your bike to the store
* 60% of you visit Nomads regardless of parking availability in the Old Port
* 75% of you make purchases based on the eco-friendly and/or fair trade practices of a company. Hooray! We do too and we remain committed to selling brands that reflect our values and yours.
Encouraged by your feedback, we will offer a discount incentive to customers who bike or take the bus. We are in the process of determining how to facilitate that.
A few of you asked about our charitable contributions. In 2018, as in previous years, we donated to more than 25 local organizations. Additionally, in October, 2018 we launched a campaign celebrating community role models on Instagram and Facebook. Check out our campaign here: #OurModelsAreRoleModels.
Speaking of Social Media, 54% of you have Instagram accounts and 71% of you use Facebook. However, a high percentage of you do not follow us on either.(Shocking, help us fix this!) We’d love to have you follow us. You will learn about our local role models, hear about sales and be invited to upcoming events. Join us here: Instagram and Facebook.
We asked what would entice you to visit Nomads during the height of the tourist season. One customer offered us a great idea– open during off hours in the Old Port. We are going to give this a try this summer. We will host an early morning Coffee and Bagel shopping experience from 7:00am to 9:00am. The parking will be plentiful and free! Date and details to be announced.
I hope you find these survey results as insightful as we do. We look forward to seeing you in the store to check out the fresh product soon.
And the folks at Nomads